My Software development Internship with hotels.ng and what I intend to achieve with this program.
What you need to know about Hotels.ng and their internship program:
If you don’t know, hotels.ng is Nigeria’s most popular hotel booking and reservation software company located in the heart of the popular Yaba, in Lagos State. This company which was founded in 2013 by Mark Essien has grown and proven to be a pivotal element in the Nigerian tech ecosystem.
They initiated an internship program which is a Bootcamp to train software developers and designers across Nigeria, and they have been churning out thousands of world-class developers and designers over the years, many of whom now work in amazing tech companies in and outside Nigeria.
This year, hotels.ng commenced its 8th edition in partnership with the Zuri team (https://zuri.team) tagged HNGi8 x I4G internship, with the same mandate to train world-class developers, designers, digital marketers, DevOps, and entrepreneurs.
What my goals are for this program and what I want to achieve by the end of this 8 weeks internship:
I was fortunate enough to learn about this 8th edition internship program and I successfully enrolled on time for the program. Before now, I have a very strong product management background and have led some software teams to build interactive products which are being utilized in solving real-life issues for thousands of users daily.
However, I have always desired to have a well-grounded and more technical background on the utilization of software languages which led me to be on the lookout for an internship opportunity to learn and grow with a software community.
Learning these languages will not only improve my tech career and open more doors of opportunities, but it will also enable me to personally build software projects with little or no supervision.
Furthermore, my goal is to also attract great clients and recruiters and to have an edge in the tech market and work with a great team where I can utilize the knowledge garnered from the internship program.
For beginners and people looking to delve into the tech space, the following links are tutorials which I will recommend to get started with:
1. PRODUCT DESIGN: Learn how to use Figma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W4LvJnNegA&ab_channel=TraversyMedia
2. GIT: Learn Git and Github https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWYqp7iY_Tc&ab_channel=TraversyMedia
3. WEB DEVELOPMENT: Learn web development using HTML https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQN-pnXPaVg&t=683s&ab_channel=freeCodeCamp.org
4. MOBILE DEVELOPMENT: Learn Dart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlVP04905w&t=1s&ab_channel=MikeDane and learn Flutter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0uinJvhNxI&ab_channel=Academind
5. PHP: Learn Php language https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_JCtrrv-c&t=14143s&ab_channel=freeCodeCamp.org
I hope you enjoyed this article? If this article has helped you in any way, kindly show some love by hitting the clap button and by following me as well on Twitter @kenennacc.